Choosing an Installer
When you’re shopping around for the right solar installer for your project, consider asking them the following questions.
- How many years have you been designing and installing solar systems?
- Have you installed projects similar to my own?
- Can you design a system to make all of my estimated power consumption?
- Do you offer financing options such as loans or leases?
- Have you worked with the local building officials and utility representatives?
- Do you have experience with the state rebate program?
- Are you a licensed electrical contractor?
- Do you have licensed construction supervisors and electricians on staff?
- Do you have NABCEP certified individuals in house?
- Do you perform the project work entirely in house or do you hire portions of the project out to subcontractors?
- How long will the project take to install?
- What kind of training and follow-up resources do you provide?
- What warranty do you offer on your products and installation?
- Can you help me choose the best way to sell my project’s SRECs?